Due to an increased workload Meller Limited are looking for a talented, enthusiastic, ambitious Architectural Technician/Technologist to join our busy and expanding practice and to be part of one of the leading Commercial multidiscipline Design practices.
The practice currently works within a diverse portfolio of commercial, industrial, warehousing, food & Drink, and healthcare projects, delivering a high quality, client focused service.
The role will provide the opportunity to work on a variety of projects with our key clients along with ongoing development of the practice and your career progression. Your primary duties will include:
- Project lead designer/ project lead
- Scheme development through the RIBA work stages
- Production of technical drawings and specifications using Revit and/or AutoCad
- Revit model production and management
- Control of the production of drawings to meet project requirements and deadlines
- Co-ordination with the design team
- Liaise with appropriate authorities (e.g. planning enquiries and building inspectors, etc.)
- Lead the detailed design process and coordinate design information
- Key skills and experience that we’d like you to have:
- Proficiency in using Autodesk Revit and AutoCAD
- Experience of working and detailed construction drawings, as well as planning application drawings
- Knowledge of UK building regulations and building contracts
- Experience of project delivery and excellent communications skills
- Relevant degree or HNC/HND in Architectural Technology, Building Technology or equivalent with 5+ years UK experience
- A full driving licence and your own car as travel is required as part of this role.This is an excellent opportunity to join a lively, friendly and creative team. If you are interested in this role please send your CV and a covering letter, indicating your current salary package or expectations, to our Design Manager Michael Chrich.
- Start date as soon as possible.
- We offer a flexible approach to working hours along with a competitive salary package.